quarta-feira, 6 de agosto de 2014

LMS Mass in Westminster Cathedral: photos

 

IMG_8948

Yesterday we had our AGM, followed by Mass in Westminster Cathedral.

IMG_8712

For the first time, I was able to take photos from some of the galleries. See, I have the power of bilocation. I pressed the button for both of the above photographs of the Consecration. One was remote-control, however.

IMG_8928

The celebrant was Fr Anthony Glaysher, a parish priest on the Isle of Wight who is the LMS Regional Chaplain for the South West. He also gave an excellent address to the AGM before Mass. The deacon was Fr Young of the Ordinariate, the subdeacon was Fr Patrick Hayward.

IMG_8929

IMG_8671

IMG_8746

IMG_8749

The only trouble with leaving one camera in the gallery was that I was more limited than I otherwise would have been in the lenses I could use from the ground. The above photo was taken with a zoom lenses from miles back in the nave. Westminster Cathedral does, of course, have a very long nave! The photo below was taken with a wide-angle lens.

IMG_8764

More photos.
 
SOURCE